I am a total traditional bruschetta person, but these were actually really really good. So I totally recommend them.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; brush onto both sides of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Combine the feta cheese, garlic and basil; sprinkle over toast. Top with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm.
Recipe and Photo from The Taste of Home Cookbook