Good Morning Everyone! First, I would like to thank Mama Bear from the blog Stitchy-Mama for giving me this award. I really appreciate the recognition and positive feedback. Like Stitchy-Mama, I have only had my blog since February and have loved sharing my recipes with you all and getting your feedback!! Thanks to those that follow my blog and thanks to those that have supported me and encouraged me along the way. I’m so blessed and look forward to continuing to improve as a photographer and cook and to sharing the journey with all of you.
:: Thank the person that gave you the award
:: Share 7 things about yourself
:: Give this award to 15 newly discovered bloggers
7 Things About Me-
1. The first thing you should probably know about me is, I am a super optimist and probably the biggest goof ball ever. My theory is, life is full of struggles, so either you can face them with a frown or a smile. I prefer to face mine with a smile and take my experiences as a chance to grow and learn. I also never pass up the opportunity to be silly with my girls and have a good laugh. Being happy is the best things to be, so that’s what I try to be.
2. On a less serious note, another thing about me is my favorite colors are both blue and yellow of all shade. I know that this is probably kind of odd because yellow and blue are like the epitome of colors that are polar opposites of each other, but I love them both. Yellow is so bright and uplifting, and blue is so calming and soothing. I refuse to think of blue as a sad color though! Relaxing not sad!!
3. My oldest son is autistic. You wouldn’t know it if you met him now, but he was diagnosed just before his 3rd birthday. He has helped me to grow so much as a person and as a mom. He has been one of the biggest blessing to my life and would take him no other way. After tons of therapy and 1 year of driving 3 hours a day to take him to a preschool specialized in autism that got him talking again, he is now finishing up kindergarden in a typical classroom and will be going into 1st grade next year.
4. My favorite band of all time is Metallica!
5. I am a total jeans and t-shirt girl. I can and do get all dolled up, but if I could I would live in my jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes.
6. I’m me no matter what. One thing that my dad taught me through example is, you don’t change who you are to fit every single person. Just to be yourself. Some people appreciate this, and some people don’t, but at the end of the day it has taught me to love who I am and to not be fake or a chameleon. I’m very honest, and as long as it won’t hurt somebodies feelings, I say things the way they are. I don’t sugar coat a whole lot of things and be careful to ask me my opinion. I won’t tell you my opinion unless you ask for it, but if you ask for it, I’m gonna tell you what I really think, even if you’re not gonna like it. My mom says this makes me a great person to take shopping, but I think most people have to get used to this about me because a lot of people ask you what you think just to hear you tell them something they wanna hear.
7. The last thing you should know about me, and it’s about time cause I’m sick of talking about myself 😉 is I live for my family. My husband and three kids are my everything! They are my taste testers, my best friends, my greatest support, and my whole reason for living.
15 Blogs that I Follow
Ok so fellow bloggers, please don’t stone me! I don’t have 15 blogs that I follow on a regular basis. So I will add the ones I do look on from time to time, along with the one that gave me the award.
Cupcakes Take the Cake
Our Best Bites
Always with Butter
The Sweet Adventures of Sugar Belle
Alright that about does it… If I think of more later then I will add them on, but this is my small list. Sorry it is so small. This isn’t to say that I haven’t seen and liked others, but these are the blogs I follow on a regular basis. They are super well put together and I love their content. Thanks again to everyone for following and reading.
P.S. Here are some more blogs I really like 🙂 But failed to mention before!! Enjoy!